AAC Eurovent is a leading filtration and odour control specialist with over 30 years’ experience in the UK Building Services market.
Over the past 10 years, we have researched and developed a full range of high-efficiency NOx filter systems, based on the independently tested AAC NITROSORB which has been designed to combat the increasing problem of indoor air pollution from NO2 in our homes, schools and places of work.
Air Pollution Legislation
The EU Directive 2008/50/EC (the CAFE Directive) European Union Air Quality
and Clean Air for Europe 2008 set stringent levels for Nitric Oxides (NO) and
Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) in designated Air Quality Management Areas (AQMAs).
Indoor Air NO2 Reduction in Air Quality Management Areas
UK Developers working on new build residential, commercial and educational schemes must meet the demands of planners to comply with this legislation and to Implement NO2 reduction and mitigation measures in schemes where all, or a proportion of the indoor air NO₂ levels have been found to exceed the accepted level of 40ug/m³.
AAC NITROSORB has helped planners, developers and mechanical consultants to comply with current air pollution legislation and to achieve planning permission for new build and retrofit schemes in Air Quality Management Areas (AQMAs).
High Performance NO2 Reduction for Student Accommodation Projects
For student accommodation projects with MVHR systems where space may be at a premium and where ceiling heights may present a low profile, we recommend the AAC NITROSORB low profile 95mm H unit. This high-performance NOx filter unit can easily be installed into an AAC Swiftkit or an AAC Skeleton frame and is one of the few filters on the market that is capable of being installed into projects that involve low ceiling heights.
This type of NOx filter solution is also suitable for Budget Hotels where the rooms are small and therefore space for the services is at a premium.
Features and Benefits
- Widely accepted by planners for Air Quality Management Areas (AQMAs).
- Recommended by leading UK Air Quality Consultants.
- Routinely specified by UK Mechanical Consultants for new build and retrofit residential, commercial, and educational schemes.
- Independently MCERTS tested and verified.
- Designed for Mechanical Ventilation Heat Recovery Units (MVHR) and Centralised Air Handling plant.
- Suitable for horizontal and vertical air flow orientations.
- Offers a very low pressure drop.
- Compatible with the AAC Colourcell Media Filter System.
- Full range of standard sizes, with a low-cost bespoke design service available.
- Transparent viewing panel for ease of inspection.
- Available in plain galvanised or electric powder coat finish.