NOx Filters for MVHR Student Accommodation Buildings with Space Restrictions
AAC Eurovent has been delivering market-leading filtration and odour control solutions to the UK Building Services marketplace for over 30 years.
The AAC NITROSORB low profile 95mm H unit is ideally suited to projects where all or part of a student accommodation building exceeds the permitted NO2 level of 40ug/m³. This is one of the few NO2 filters on the market that is specifically designed for projects with low ceiling heights and where there is limited space available.
Air Pollution Legislation
Our NO2 filters are regularly specified by mechanical consultants for projects which require
a reliable NO2 mitigation solution to enable compliance with the EU Directive 2008/50/EC
(the CAFE Directive) European Union Air Quality and Clean Air for Europe 2008
which set stringent levels for Nitric Oxides (NO) and Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) in
designated Air Quality Management Areas (AQMAs).
Indoor Air NO2 Reduction in Air Quality Management Areas
UK Developers working on new build residential, commercial and educational schemes must meet the demands of planners to comply with this legislation and to Implement NO2 reduction and mitigation measures in schemes where all, or a proportion of the indoor air NO₂ levels have been found to exceed the accepted level of 40ug/m³.
AAC NITROSORB has helped planners, developers and mechanical consultants to comply with current air pollution legislation and to achieve planning permission for new build and retrofit schemes in Air Quality Management Areas (AQMAs).
High Performance NO2 Reduction for Student Accommodation Projects
For student accommodation projects with MVHR systems where space may be at a premium and where ceiling heights may present a low profile, we recommend the AAC NITROSORB low profile 95mm H unit. This high-performance NOx filter unit can easily be installed into an AAC Swiftkit or an AAC Skeleton frame and is one of the few filters on the market that is capable of being installed into projects that involve low ceiling heights.
This type of NOx filter solution is also suitable for Budget Hotels where the rooms are small and therefore space for the services is at a premium.
Features and Benefits
- Widely accepted by planners for Air Quality Management Areas (AQMAs).
- Recommended by leading UK Air Quality Consultants.
- Routinely specified by UK Mechanical Consultants for new build and retrofit residential, commercial, and educational schemes.
- Independently MCERTS tested and verified.
- Designed for Mechanical Ventilation Heat Recovery Units (MVHR) and Centralised Air Handling plant.
- Suitable for horizontal and vertical air flow orientations.
- Offers a very low pressure drop.
- Compatible with the AAC Colourcell Media Filter System.
- Full range of standard sizes, with a low-cost bespoke design service available.
- Transparent viewing panel for ease of inspection.
- Available in plain galvanised or electric powder coat finish.
AAC NITROSORB and The AAC Colourcell Media Filter System
AAC Colourcell Media Filter System is a patented transparent filter cell designed to provide end-users and maintenance personnel with an important visual indication of the condition of installed AAC NITROSORB media and when it may be required to be replaced.
AAC EQUINOX And AAC NITROSORB
AAC Equinox is a continuous NO2 air quality monitoring system designed to measure the efficiency and the performance of the NITROSORB Filter System, immediately and over time.
Key Features and Benefits
- High-performance, simple to install system
- Low-initial cost, low maintenance and running costs
- Remote analysis with set point alarm providing media replacement alerts
- Assurance to end users that the air filters are performing well and protecting them
- An invaluable indicator of the NITROSORB® filter efficiency