Air pollution arising from Nitric Oxides (NO) and Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2), collectively known as NOx, is a major problem in our densely populated cities across the world.
With an increasing number of UK Local Authorities declaring Air Quality Management Areas (AQMAs), the quality of the air that we breathe should be of major concern to us all.
Air Pollution and The Legislation
The EU Directive 2008/50/EC (the CAFE Directive) European Union Air Quality and
Clean Air for Europe 2008 set stringent levels for Nitric Oxides (NO) and Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2)
in designated Air Quality Management Areas (AQMAs).
The Impact of this Legislation on the UK Construction Industry
This legislation has significant implications for Planners, Developers and Mechanical Consultants who are involved in new build projects in the residential, educational and commercial sectors. To comply with this legislation, developers must implement acceptable mitigation measures where the external air quality (NO2) being entrained into the building exceeds an annual mean of 40ug/m³.
AAC Eurovent is a leading air filtration and odour control specialist with over 30 years’ experience in the UK Building Services market for residential, commercial, educational and industrial schemes.
AAC NITROSORB® and NOx Mitigation
AAC NITROSORB® uses breakthrough technology to combat indoor air NOx pollution and plays a key role in delivering effective NOx mitigation for indoor air projects in new build and retro schemes across the UK.
The AAC NITROSORB® Filter System is available in a full suite of standard sizes and a Free of Charge design service is available for bespoke projects. These high-performance air filters are designed to give planners, developers, and mechanical consultants “one stop” access to a full range of effective and sustainable NOx mitigation solutions.
AAC NITROSORB® is suitable for use in MVHR Units, Horizontal and Vertical Airflows and Centralised Air Handling Plant.
Why Choose AAC Eurovent?
- Market leaders since 2012.
- Accepted by planners for Air Quality Management Areas (AQMAs).
- Recommended by leading UK Air Quality Consultants.
- Routinely specified by UK Mechanical Consultants.
- Suitable for residential, commercial, and educational schemes.
- Suitable for new build and retrofit schemes.
- Ultra low-profile units available for Hotel & Student Accommodation applications.
- Horizontal and vertical airflow options available.
- Independently MCERTS tested and verified up to 93% efficiency.
- Compatible with all Mechanical Ventilation Heat Recovery Systems and Centralised Air Handling Plants.
- G3 particulate filter (inc. as standard). This can be upgraded to PM10 or PM2.5.
- Very low pressure drop.
- AAC Colourcell® Media Filter System complete with transparent inspection panel lid.
- Plain Galvanised or Electric Powder Coat finishes available.
AAC NITROSORB® and the AAC Colourcell® Media Filter System
The unique AAC Colourcell® Media Filter System is a patented transparent filter cell which contains a specially formulated media that provides end users and maintenance personnel with a clear indication of the condition of AAC NITROSORB® media and to when the media may require to be replaced.
AAC EQUINOX® and AAC NITROSORB®
AAC Equinox® is a continuous NO2 air quality monitoring system that measures the efficiency and the performance of the NITROSORB® Filter System, both immediately and over time.
Key Features and Benefits
- High-performance, simple to install system
- Low-initial cost, low maintenance and running costs
- Remote analysis with set point alarm providing media replacement alerts
- Assurance to end users that the air filters are performing well and protecting them
- An invaluable indicator of the NITROSORB® filter efficiency